Volunteer roles for the practice day: Saturday &/or Sunday, March 1 & 2, 2014
Your consideration is greatly appreciated. Please email Lola Gingerich at email@example.com or call her at 574- 658-9416 to let her know of you’re available to help with one or more of these roles.
- Saturday & Sunday Guides for Both Choirs. Eight volunteers (four for each choir) to guide the singers in the Grade 3-5 Choir and the Grades 6-9 Choir from activity to activity and room to room throughout the day. The guides lead singers to and from the stage at the proper time on Saturday during the practices and Sunday during the concert. On Saturday, the guides also lead the singers to the recreation center for their recreation time (from 10:15 to 11:15 for grades 3-5 and from 11:15-12:15 for grades 6-9). This includes being with the festival participants during the rec/fitness time. Guides need to arrive by 8:30 a.m. on Saturday and by 12:30 on Sunday afternoon, both to get organized as a group and to welcome and help families with singers find where to be as they arrive. Lunch on Saturday is provided for you. See a more detailed job description here.
- Saturday Meal Server. One volunteer to help prepare and set up the serving line for the noon lunch. Scroll down to see the Saturday lunch schedule for when the two groups eat their lunches. Please arrive by 9 a.m. on Saturday.
- Sunday Ushers. Eight ushers needed for the concert on Sunday afternoon to hand out programs, help people find their seats, and lift an offering. The concert is at 2 p.m. Please arrive by 1 p.m. to meet with Goshen College staff for instructions. Doors open to the audience as soon as choir photos have been taken usually around 1:20.
- Pianist or Other Instrumentalists to Play Prelude Music. We need musicians to provide a 30- minute prelude for the Sunday concert. For past festivals, we have had piano soloists, string quartets, harp ensembles, guitar solo, etc. We are looking for experienced musicians who can perform sacred music. If you know a musician or you personally would like to provide this prelude, please let me know.
- Instrumentalists for Concert. Depending on the music for a given festival year, we need a variety of instrumentalists, such as flute, violin, and sometime brass and percussionists. If you would be willing to do this, email us, including a bit about your musical experience.