IT’S TWO DAYS OF GREAT MUSIC AND CREATIVE ARTS! A Saturday practice and a Sunday afternoon worship concert under the baton of a distinguished guest director the second weekend in March. Participants will taste the richness of sacred choral music in a fun setting with other children and young people who love to sing.
Open to all students in grades 3 through 9 from any faith community, the festival is held on the campus of Goshen College in Goshen, Indiana. It culminates in a Sunday afternoon 2 o’clock concert in the college’s critically acclaimed 900-seat Sauder Concert Hall. The children prepare for the festival by listening to music and learning the sheet music sent to them. In some geographic areas where enough children have registered for the event, group practices are also held in the weeks leading up to the festival.
- 2017 festival dates: Practice on Saturday, March 11, 2017, (tentatively 9:00 am – 4:00 pm) and concert performance on Sunday, March 12, at 2 p.m. (free and open to the public)
- Who: Children from Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan and beyond who love to sing—grades 3 through 9.
- Cost per child: $40 for registration
- Location: The Goshen College Music Center, Sauder Concert Hall, in Goshen, Indiana.
- 2017 guest director: Hal Hess
Here you may print out a copy of this 8 1/2 x 11 flyer and post it in your church or school: 2017-poster
— Y O U R C H I L D. O N E W E E K E N D. L O V I N G S A C R E D M U S I C. —